Summary: Use your hands to interact with objects and buttons in VR instead of your controllers.
Demo of the feature
- First, you’ll need to ensure that Hand Tracking is turned on on your device. You can find guidance on the official Meta guide here: Meta Hand Tracking
- Once in the app or your desired exercise, place your controllers down still to swap to hand controls. It can take a few seconds to automatically swap to your hands.
- Aim your forefinger and thumb towards selectable objects like you would a controller, and pinch to select.
- Face your hand towards you and pinch to open the Menu (left hand) or Meta home page (right hand)
- You can interact with elements such as cue cards as you would in real life, by simply reaching and picking up with your thumb and forefinger
- To switch back to your controllers, you can pick them up at any time. Once your device registers the controllers movement it should automatically swap.